All devices that are available in the market are not Wi-Fi enabled. Some of the examples include USB printer, gaming console, and Ethernet-enabled devices. If you want to make it wireless, you can use Airport Extreme Setup as a medium of the interface. It will act as a bridge. There’s one another mode i: e, client mode which you can use for AirPlay music streaming.
- First of all, connect the Ethernet-enabled the device to the AirPort Extreme. If you want to stream audio, you need to connect it through Audio cable and use the device in Client mode.
- When you connect the device in client mode, then the device connected to it will use your Apple Airport Extreme Setup.
- You can use the Ethernet port to route the traffic to the device connected to the port. It is important to mention here that 802.11 doesn’t support client mode.
- For all these features, you need Ethernet, audio and USB cable.
Before starting with the process, you must check that the software installed in the device is up to date.
Using Airport Utility 6
- Connect the device to the Setup Airport Extreme using the prescribed cable.
- Plug the Airport to the power socket.
- Open Utility screen from the Airport Extreme user-interface.
- In case you want to re-configure the Airport Extreme, first reset it to factory default, then use it.
- After successful restoration of the device, select the wireless menu from the upper left-hand
- Go to ‘Other’ options.
- Click on ‘Add to existing network’ option.
- Select ‘Wireless name’ from the network menu and click ‘Next’ to join the network.
- Enter the password for the network if prompted.
Use of AirPort Utility 5
- The first step is to connect both the devices with an appropriate
- Plug the Extreme to the cable outlet.
- Wait till the Extreme gets properly booted. After this, go to ‘Wireless menu’ and click on ‘Setup Assistant’ from Utility 5.
- If you want to re-use AirPort Extreme, then reset it and then check if the system has come to factory default settings or not.
- Select Airport Extreme from Utility screen.
- Enter username and password for your Airport Extreme, then click on ‘Continue’.
- Click on ‘I want to join the network’ menu. When you click on this option, you will find the Extreme gets connected to the network.
- If you have more than one network name in the network list, then select a particular and open Drop-down menu.
- Click to update and allow Airport Extreme to restart.
When the Airport Extreme gets started, you will notice the device gets automatically connected to the existing wireless network that is indicated earlier. You will even find the status light for the same on the router hardware.