A weak wireless signal from your AirPort Extreme Setup base station is often due to outdated software or your base station low-frequency connection by default. The wireless router is capable of connecting to a 2.5 GHz network or a 5 GHz connection that allows for faster data transfers. While the 5 GHz is intended for computers and other devices that require fast connection speed, devices such as iPhones, iPods, and other mobile devices are suitable for 2.5 GHz connection. A reset clears your previous connection settings and boosts the signal for a stronger connection while maintaining passwords and previous network names. You will need a paperclip to carry out the process that we are about to discuss, so make sure you have one with you. Now, without any further ado, let’s delve into the details of how you can Reset AirPort Extreme station in order to boost the signal strength.
- Click on the Go to top menu and click on “Applications”.
- Double-click the Utilities folder and double-click “AirPort Utility.” Click “AirPort Utility” at the top of the application screen and click “Check for Updates” in the drop-down menu.
- Click “Install Item” in the AirPort Utility Update window and plug the AirPort Base Station power cable into the power port of the router and into an electrical outlet.
- Push the pointed end of the paper clip into the recessed reset button on the base station base and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Use it as an alternative option or in addition to the AirPort Utility.
- Release the reset button and wait at least five minutes for the AirPort Base Station to reboot. When reset, the base station displays the wireless signal strength at the top of the desktop menu. If the AirPort icon is not displayed on your desktop menu, click on “System Preferences” on the desktop dock, click on “Network” and click on the box next to “Show AirPort status in the bar of the state.”
With that, your AirPort station is now reset and now, you can configure the device again to get faster internet. However, if you are experiencing a new problem after resetting the device or the old problem has not been solved, then you should take help from Setup AirPort Extreme Router help and support providers because they know how to resolve problems in this router, which has been discontinued by Apple.