Apple AirPort Setup is a wireless networking device that allows you to enjoy hi-speed internet without any interruption. Moreover, the unit can also be used for various purposes. If you are using this particular device and looking to use it as a wireless Ethernet bridge, then that is exactly what you are going to see in this post, so keep reading it till the very end to get the exact information on the matter.
You can use Apple’s AirPort Express wireless networking device both as a wireless base station and as an Ethernet bridge. You can easily configure it as an Ethernet bridge using the AirPort Utility software program, extending the range of your existing wireless network. Apple offers both Mac OS X and Windows versions of AirPort Extreme Setup, so you can configure AirPort Express as a wireless Ethernet bridge from each PC-based or Apple-based Wi-Fi network. In order to use AirPort Base Station Express as a wireless Ethernet bridge, you will be needing a couple of things, AirPort Express (which is quite obvious), wireless network device, Ethernet cable, and an installation CD, which you must have gotten with the product. Once you have all these items, you can begin with the process.
Steps for using AirPort Base Station Express as wireless Ethernet Bridge:
- Install the Apple AirPort Utility software program from the AirPort Express installation disc.
- Plug the AirPort Express into an outlet and connect it to your computer using the Ethernet cable.
- Start the AirPort Utility software. He will find all AirPort wireless products within the range. Click on the AirPort Express icon.
- Give AirPort Express and a name (optionally) password when prompted. When done, click “Continue”.
- Select “Join a Wireless Network” and click “Continue.”
- Select your wireless network from the list. Depending on your location, there may be only one or many networks listed. Click on “Continue”.
- Select “Extend your existing network” and click “Continue.”
- On the final screen, you will see a summary of the steps you have taken so far. If you are satisfied, click on “Update”. AirPort Express will be restarted. When done, AirPort Express will be configured as an Ethernet bridge, extending the range of your free Wi-Fi network.
That is how you can use AirPort Base Station Express as a wireless Ethernet Bridge, and use the device as a totally different device. If you come across any problem while performing the aforementioned steps, then you can consult Apple AirPort support facility to get the process done for you.