Apple AirPort was once the most popular routers in the US, but after Apple decided to discontinue it, other companies capitalized and filled the void that the Setup AirPort Extreme has left. However, there are still hundreds and thousands of users using AirPort routers, and they seem to be content with the functioning of the device. If you too are using Apple AirPort, which recently has started to given problems to you, then you can fix the problem by following certain steps.
Wireless internet can make it easier to use your home and office computers in different places and reduce the clutter of Ethernet cables. Sometimes the wireless network can have problems though, so you should know how to solve airport problems if you are running your own network.
Instructions on troubleshooting Apple AirPort Setup
- Check your AirPort base station cable connections. First, make sure the unit is receiving power and is turned on. Swap the Ethernet cable that connects the base station to a cable that you know works.
- Determine if AirPort issues are affecting one computer or all computers on the network. If the problem is network-wide, try turning off the AirPort Extreme Setup base station for a few minutes. You must also restart all your computers while you are waiting to turn on the base station.
- Open System Preferences, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and then go to “Network” preferences. Verify that your AirPort card is configured to connect to the Internet as required by your Internet service provider. You just need to change your “location” back to one of your saved settings.
- Perform a hard reset by pressing and holding the reset button on your AirPort base. This button is located in different areas depending on the model, but it is a small button, which you need to push with a pencil tip or paperclip. Be sure to hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds or until the LED starts flashing.
- Reconnect your computer to the base station with an Ethernet cable and reconfigure your wireless network. Use the AirPort Setup Assistant in the “Utilities” subsection of your “Applications” folder to configure your AirPort base station. You may need to consult the account information provided by your ISP.
- Make sure your AirPort card is installed correctly. The card will probably only be a problem if you are using an older Mac, which did not come with the card already installed. Be sure to turn off and unplug your computer before opening it to check the card.
That was all about fixing problems that have risen in your AirPort router. However, if you have tried all the steps and still facing the same problems, then maybe your Reset AirPort Extreme router needs a professional touch. You can consult AirPort help and support providers to find out the problem that you’re dealing with and its solution.