Apple has always been on the top in terms of design and technology of new gadgets. Apple Airport Setup is one such example. It is used as an access point as well as music streaming device.
However, if you are not being able to use the device to its fullest, then here are some tips and tricks you can try on your own.
- First of all, power cycle the router and modem and wait for some seconds.
- Now, connect them to the internet and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Your router must be connected to the Airport Extreme. If you are using the modem, then connect Airport extreme to it.
- If the issue still continues, then check the lights on the Extreme router.
- After performing the steps given above, you can follow further troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Resetting of Apple Airport extreme
To reset the extreme router, you must check the internet connection on it. If it is proper, then follow any one method out of the given three methods to reset it.
- Soft reset: Switch on the device and press the reset button given at the back of the hardware to reset it. Keep pressed for 5 minutes. After this, you can change the channel and password.
- Hard reset: Hard reset is different from that of soft reset. Hard reset will erase all the settings and data from the device. You will have to configure the device again from scratch. This function is performed only after trying the soft reset function. Press the button from the back and turn off Airport extreme.
Now, launch the app from the Mac device or from windows OS. Don’t forget to update the app to the latest version because the previous version of the app may sometimes create problem. You can download the latest version of app from the apple website.
Once the app gets installed, you can open it and start configuring the AirPort extreme using on-screen instructions. You will find the AirPort extreme start working normally after this. If you want, you can configure the Extreme using a web-based setup page.
If you are still getting the problem, then we recommend you perform factory reset. Don’t forget to take back up of data before deleting any entries or settings otherwise, you can’t retrieve it at any cost.