AirPort Extreme is a powerful router that can be used to lighten up the house with strong internet signals. However, in order to do so, you will have to make sure that the device has been properly set up.
To set up Apple AirPort Extreme router for the first time or the one that is not connecting to the internet, you need to follow a series of steps, which we will be sharing with you today. If you are using an AirPort Extreme router and looking to know how to set up a Wi-Fi network using it, then you can simply go through the steps below and make it happen.
- Begin with plugging in the AirPort Extreme router to the wall power outlet.
- Once that happens, open ‘AirPort Utility’ app.
- On the top left corner of the Utility dialog box, click ‘Other AirPort Base Stations’ or ‘Other Wi-Fi Devices’.
- Click the AirPort Extreme that you see on the list.
- You will now have to enter your venue name under ‘Network Name’ and ‘Base Station Name’.
- Type in a strong password and then, verify it by typing it again in the ‘Verify Password’ field.
- Click ‘Next’ now, and if you find that the router isn’t connected to the modem, click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Don’t Send’ now followed by clicking ‘Next’.
- Let the setup run through its normal course and at the end, you will see a notification being popped up.
- When the notification appears at the bottom of the screen, click ‘Done’.
- Click on the AirPort Extreme picture in AirPort Utility.
- You will see 3 errors being reported by AirPort Utility.
- Click on all the errors one by one followed by clicking ‘Ignore’.
- You will see a green light as you ignore the error.
- Once you see three green lights, click ‘Edit’.
- Click ‘Wireless’, an option that is given at the top.
- Wireless Options at the bottom.
- Click the box given at the top to allow 5 GHz frequency band. For faster Wi-Fi, you need 5GHz frequency band, but it will have a shorter range.
- Click ‘Save’ followed by clicking ‘Update’.
- You are going to see a solid green light on the Apple AirPort Extreme Base station, and once you do, then that means the router is all set to go.
We have not used the USB port that is provided on AirPort Extreme Setup Base Station. That USB port is going to be used to connect peripheral devices such as external hard drives that incorporate their own power source. However, if you are thinking of charging your iPad with it, then that won’t be possible, so don’t live in this misconception. It is just a USB port for connectivity.